Hammersmith and Fulham Employment Service
The Claybrook Centre
37 Claybrook Road
We’re a team of clinical vocational specialists and employment specialists who work within the mental health teams across the borough to support people using secondary mental health services to gain employment.
How we help
We offer a range of support services, information, advice and guidance including:
- Identifying job opportunities and appropriate employers Job applications
- CV and interview preparation
- Support to access training, education and voluntary work placements
- Benefits advice.
We will provide training and support to employers and help to promote the awareness of mental health in the workplace.
We aim to work holistically and in partnership with people to promote recovery and enable them to access paid employment, supported employment or permitted work. Each client is supported by an employment advisor who works with them to understand their aspirations and to design an action plan to achieve their goals.
By enabling clients to access meaningful employment, training and education, we promote recovery and improved health and wellbeing through:
- Increased confidence and skills
- Feeling meaningfully occupied
- Being economically active
- Being active in the community
- Reduced social isolation
- Reduced experience of stigma.
We offer opportunities for people with mental health problems to provide support to each other and run their own services.
Who we can help
Our service is for anyone using secondary care mental health services in Hammersmith and Fulham. Clients can self refer or request that a referral is made on their behalf by a healthcare professional.
At the heart of everything we do lies:
- Hope: the belief that recovery is possible for every individual
- Respect: valuing differences and all contributions
- Enabling: giving people encouragement and support to achieve their goals
- Inclusion: the belief that everyone has a right to participate fully in society.