Newcastle Supported Housing
105A Howard Street
Tyne & Wear
We provide long and short term supported housing to single men and women with mental health problems. We provide practical and emotional support to our tenants, enabling them to maintain their tenancies and lead independent lives.
We’ve 12 long term properties in the east end of the city leased from Your Homes Newcastle and Byker Community Trust.
How we help
- Individually tailored support to help people develop independent living skills and gain access to employment and education opportunities
- On site support from our highly skilled team, all trained in recovery based interventions
- Close liaison with acute and community mental health professionals to ensure individuals receive appropriate clinical support where needed and support to access health and wellbeing services
- Clear recovery pathways to promote social inclusion and move-on to more independent living
- Supported tenancies, either short term for up to two years
Who we can help
Referrals for our long and short term supported tenancies are usually made through Newcastle City Council’s Inclusion Unit based at the Housing Advice Centre. Referrals can also be made via health care professionals, probation staff and other housing providers.
Prospective tenants need to belong or have a local connection with Newcastle area.
At the heart of everything we do lies:
- Hope: the belief that recovery is possible for every individual
- Respect: valuing differences and all contributions
- Enabling: giving people encouragement and support to achieve their goals
- Inclusion: the belief that everyone has a right to participate fully in society.