North Tyneside Employment Service
105A Howard Street
Tyne & Wear
Download our handy North Tyneside Employment Service leaflet.
If someone is out of work due to their mental health but are keen to get back into employment then we can help them succeed. We can support them on a one-to-one basis, providing confidential, impartial advice and guidance to help them back into education, training or employment.
We also work with prospective employers and work placement providers to raise their awareness of mental health issues and develop opportunities for our clients.
How we help
We’ve qualified specialist mental health employment advisors who can provide free information, advice, and guidance, including:
- exploring and identifying job opportunities and appropriate employers
- CV writing and job applications
- interview practice
- preparing for the transition into work
- job coaching and in-work support.
Our employment advisors meet with individuals on a one-to-one basis locally to explore their personal career goals, including any concerns they may have about achieving them. At the first appointment, they’ll help an individual to develop their tailored support plan, identifying the steps that are right for them to achieve their aspirations.
Once someone has found training, volunteering or employment we can work with their new employer or placement provider to make sure they get appropriate support in the workplace to maintain it.
Who we can help
Our service is available to adults with a mental health problem, who live in north Tyneside and who are motivated to get back into education, training or employment.
We accept referrals from local community mental health teams so discuss it with your care co-ordinator or occupational therapist and they’ll support you through the process.
At the heart of everything we do lies:
- Hope: the belief that recovery is possible for every individual
- Respect: valuing differences and all contributions
- Enabling: giving people encouragement and support to achieve their goals
- Inclusion: the belief that everyone has a right to participate fully in society.